This week has been a busy one for us with new requirements, with 4 new projects being discussed and a mobile website conversion scheduled to start Monday. We also wrapped up a new site build and have a Wix to WordPress conversion awaiting customer signoff before going live.
This week we’ve been rolling out our new support time monitoring features to our customers and are around 80% complete. Next, we can start planning our next feature release to our customer portal, My GorillaHub.
Tuesday saw us fall foul of a system hack on one of our development servers resulting in some pesky malware uploaded – so for an hour were in the cryptocurrency mining business. Our monitoring systems detected in and it was cleaned up pretty quickly. It did show up a gap we want to close by better integrating our Intrusion Detection and monitoring applications so we’ll get that in place soon.
We started picking up on reports in the Divi user forums that the latest update to the popular theme is causing a number of problems on sites. As it is not a Security release, we have decided to hold on applying this update to any of our managed customer websites for the time being.
On Thursday we reviewed applications for a new developer requirement we have to help us with some specialist requirements.
During our team weekly meeting, we looked at containerisation using Docker and how that technology might benefit us and our customers in the future.
On Friday we met with a customer to plan out how best to increase their online presence and reach through content marketing as they are pushing on with expansion into Europe. We wrapped up the week with a requirements meeting with one of our corporate customers who need some application development support using React.